Saturday, January 27, 2007

A Different Kind of Life

Do you ever have snatched little moments
at the apex of an afternoon
where the tremulous soul reaches out
to the threadbare strands of life
this one--the one you are not leading.

You went this way; you choose wisely, feeklessly
maybe it is security over ambition
sensibility over risk
as a mute witness to a bed of undeclared lovers
then, without warning
flickered dreamscapes of doppelgangers and their have lives come
to you
in the seering, unforgiving heat of afternoon.

Shivering with regret and incomprehension
this Bulevardul of unseeen agonies and missed opportunities
--some days Helsinki, somedays Timisoara--
others in some other lustrous city; music and inebriation
has us smiling so contently, the idea of you fully formed.

I am weeping, smiling and writing poetry again.....
& this doppelganger returns teasing me with pleasure futures.

27 January 2007

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you whisper all these words, deep inside your soul? How did you get a glimpse of silence’s secrets and how did you learn to put in words all the quiet that surround thoughts in the very moment of their birth?

The Tremichlan Post said...

No, I don't whisper the words, I try and be still and listen. Silence will sometimes yield its secrets and the words will percolate into my mind like I am a stenographer and all I am engaged in is dictation. It has taken me a while to find the voice and vocabulary to articulate the sounds and shapes i see and and hear. It is a work in progress. I am not the one giving birth--I am but the midwife.