Wednesday, January 31, 2007

What Iulia says

Iulia says, she will comment one day
to which I retort: today!
Iulia says that she must consider first the intricacies of love
my riposte: go to him without delay
and leave your ornate procrastinatons behind
lets us make cloth for our funeral suits from them
Iulia says there is unemployment there
I say: Romania is underemployed, what is your point?
Iulia mutters something about not wanting to be a waitress
& I say, this is the New Europe that wants to embrace you
why do you recoil in the face of opportunity
do not shrink or shy away! And as usual, send me a postcard
tell me how you enjoyed the greatest of all your escapes
ponder no longer, I implore you to act!

4 comments:

zagreb said...

oh. how i thought if this for days and day. i still torments me and what iulia says works like a swing between hope and despair.

The Tremichlan Post said...

There is only one choice. Whether to act, or not to act.

La Shahrazade said...

There is a lot of warmth in this poem...

La Shahrazade said...

Tre, you have disappeared...